Proficy HMI/SCADA - iFIX
Innovation That Drives Results
Proficy HMI/SCADA - iFIX offers a robust SCADA engine, rich set of connectivity options, open architecture, and highly scalable and distributed networking model. Used in a variety of diverse industries, it is ideally suited for many applications - ranging from typical HMI as simple as manual data entry and validation to very complex SCADA such as batch, filtration and distributed alarm management.
This proven software also complies with industry standards, making it ideal as part of a more IT-focused, real-time data management system. Providing a window into your total operations cycle, iFIX enables faster, more intelligent control and visibility into your operations.
To find out more, receive a free demo or to review your application with a Proficy expert, contact your local GE Intelligent Platforms software representative for more information.
Building on a track record of success and continual enhancements, the latest release of Proficy HMI/SCADA – iFIX from GE Intelligent Platforms is here and takes SCADA to the next level! iFIX is a superior proven real time information management and SCADA solution, which is open, flexible and scalable. It includes impressive latest-generation visualization tools, a reliable control engine and more! Like never before, this best-in-class supervisory monitoring and control software enables you to drive better analytics and leverage more reliability, flexibility and scalability across your enterprise.
- iFIX is a proven scalable solution, which can operate on a single node or scale up to 200+ nodes
- Although iFIX has the ability to connect to most any device via an OPC server, iFIX also comes with many standard built in native drivers addressing the need for connecting the major PLC brands
- iFIX is completely hardware independent and provides the flexibility of communicating with multiple makes of hardware from a single server.
- The wide variety of prebuilt dynamos, the user-friendly interface of the development 'WorkShop' environment and the integration with the rest of the Proficy suite enables you to deploy solutions faster than the competition
- VBA Scripting and .NET component hosting enables easy connections to IT level systems and VBA/.NET are the world’s most used computer languages for industry.
- Out of the box, you get the best in class, full-featured SCADA system along with enhanced failover and Historian integration that is simple to develop and easy to maintain
- Upgrading from previous iFIX versions is easy & seamless
- The e-signature functionality is the best in the business
- Flexibility and reliability of connecting and presenting data
- Scalability from isolated sensor to company-wide integration
- Best-in-class information analysis, real-time data management and control
- Adherence to industry standards for improved consistency, quality & compliance
- A Proficy foundational platform that enables tools for advanced analysis, Work Process Management, operational excellence & more.
Languages Supported: English, French, German, Russian, Polish, Chinese, Korean and Japanese
What's new in version 5.8? Highlights Include:
Enhanced Graphics Performance & Scalability
iFIX now supports dynamic resolution for the graphics including more efficient rendering reduces CPU footprint, which allows:
- Support for deploying iFIX Graphics on Wide Screen monitors, LCD TVs and different aspect ratio Screens.
- Ability to move iFIX graphics from one resolution to another
- Reduced CPU footprint of all Graphics
Improved reliability & security
For the users who require high availability solutions, we have enhanced the iFIX failover capabilities:
- Higher speed of alarm distribution on failover
- Improved maintenance mode
- Support for I/O driver access timeout on failover
Security has not been forgotten:
- iFIX networks support encrypted authentication keys
- Webspace sessions support 256-bit Encryption and have a “sandboxing” feature
iFIX 5.8 is RtOI (Real-time Operational Intelligence) ready!
Our SCADA can publish to the SOA model, making the information available for the Proficy Application Server (PAS) and the Proficy Mobile to use it. It also supports read/write functions to iFIX from Proficy Workflow.
It has never been easier to build an RtOI solution, starting from you existing HMI/SCADA and delivering value to the users by leveraging the structured model of PAS, KMIs and trends at your fingertips, anytime anywhere, from any device.
New Operating Systems support
The iFIX 5.8 release supports Windows 8 and Server 2012. It also supports SQL Server 2012.
Proficy Historian for SCADA now part of iFIX
Every version of iFIX is delivered with Proficy Historian for SCADA. It comes with 2500 buffered tags for real-time trending and a 200 day circular buffer. Historian drives advanced capabilities for your HMI by delivering superior performance. It is easy to set up and configure. Our most powerful solutions and advanced analytics use Historian are their foundation.
History of Releases
Faster time to solution
- New Charting Features and options for Enhanced Charts - new support for multiple Y axes in the XY Chart and Line Multiline Chart, quickly and easily change various Enhanced Chart properties while in run mode, a new a Thumbnail dynamic expansion feature and more!
- Develop faster! New Dynamos and Pictures from Vertical Packs Added - 100's of new dynamos, pictures and buttons for easy data entry and export from Proficy Historian are now included in iFIX with no extra cost.
- New .NET Component Hosting - host pre-selected ones from the .NET Framework, samples from GE Intelligent Platforms or custom/3rd party components.
- New Proficy Workflow Trigger - add-on component which can be integrated into Proficy HMI/SCADA - iFIX for use with Proficy Workflow 1.5 SP2, SIM2 or above. Enables iFIX to trigger schedules associated with workflows configured in any Proficy Workflow Server.
- Drivers & Industrial Gateway Server - iFIX Basic Drivers (MBE, ABR, GE9, MB1, SI7, EGD).
Extendibility & Stability
- iFIX WebSpace Enhancements (Highlights) - a new Relay Server which spreads the load across two or more dependent application server brings enhanced client scalability and session balancing features. New “loose” mode for clients that require more screen real estate and a Windows Desktop Client option which enables Webspace sessions to be created outside a web browser.
- Networking Improvements - miscellaneous enhanced scalability improvements for iFIX Networking.
- Enhanced Failover Updates - many updates including simplified configuration, new status table, updated network timers and more!
iFIX 5.5 Technology Support Updates
- Microsoft Windows XP Embedded, Service Pack 3, Support
- Existing support for Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 & 64 bit WoW, Vista SP1, SQL 2005, Windows XP,Windows XP Embedded, Windows Server 2008 (32 bit), Windows Server 2003, Proficy Historian v3.5 & 4.0
- iFIX Webspace supports Microsoft® Windows® 7 (64-bit) SP1 & Server 2008 R2 (64bit)
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Support & 2008 Native Client Driver Support
- Proficy Historian for SCADA 4.5 Support.
- Proficy Change Management 6.5
- Refer to technical documentation within the support site for further details on technology support.
Also included in 5.5 are updates to the DA, AA, and DO Blocks, Alarm Summary Performance Updates, Discover and Auto Configure (DAC) Updates, Build Number Identifiers, New Database Fields, updates to the iFIX Automation reference and more!
- Historical Data Visualization - iFIX 5.1 and Proficy Historian v3.5 team up to provide you easy access and visualization of your historical data. With iFIX 5.1 you can create pictures that include animations or charts which display the historical data driving instant situational analysis and more flexibility in your applications.
- New Failover Enhancements - iFIX 5.1 provides further enhancements to it's already proven and robust failover solution. New SCADA failover features for iFIX 5.1 include a remote maintenance mode which allows you to pause/Reset synchronization, monitor health of failover SCADA servers and auto tuning synchronization with the backup system.
- New Chart & Enhancements - An all new XY Chart that displays the relationship between two or more types of data enabling you to analyze your data and troubelshoot faster. In addition we've added Auto Adjust Interval for all trends using historical data which causes the intervals to automatically adjust based on the duration and number of points defined resulting in an evenly spaced data display.
- Global Time Control for Run Mode Viewing - The Global Time Control helps you to analyze multiple sets of data as represented in the pictures you created in run mode. It does so by time-synchronizing all open pictures, so that you can view what is happening in each of the pictures during the same time period. This feature makes it easier to visualize how the system is working as a whole and the impact of components on each other.
- iFIX 5.1 technology support
- Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 & 64 bit WoW support. Refer to technical documentation within the support site for further details.
- Microsoft Windows 2008 (32bit) Incl. Terminal Services
- Proficy Historian V3.5 & 4.0
- Support for Microsoft® Vista SP1, SQL 2005, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 (32bit) and Windows Server 2003
- Updated look and feel for faster development
- Enhanced SCADA failover for increased reliability
- Increased analytical capability through advanced graphics charts, SPC charts and logarithmic scale charts
- Tighter and bundled Proficy Historian 100 Tag License to provide best-in-class data management
- Increases awareness of operations through Alarm Display and Alarm Escalation enhancements.
- Over 500 new pre-configured Graphic Objects
- Expanded Discover and Auto Configuration tool for easy connectivity
For Technical Support please visit : support.ge-ip.com.
Or you can also contact GE Intelligent Platforms directly by using one of the following options:
Submit a support case online at: eservice.ge-ip.com
Note: GlobalCare Contract required to submit a support case online for GE Intelligent Platforms Software Products.
Primary language of support: English
Europe, Middle-East, & Africa
+1 780 401 7717 (if the toll free 800 option is unavailable in your country or dialing from a mobile telephone)
Primary languages of support: English, French, German, Italian, Czech
+86-21-3217-4826 (India, Indonesia & Pakistan)
(Rest of Asia)