Versatile Telum™ AdvancedMC runs Qosmos™
Versatile Telum™ AdvancedMC runs Qosmos™ DPI Software.
Qosmos™ Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) software running on our IP packet processor AdvancedMC provides a very flexible blade. The Qosmos Qoala™ software runs on multiple cores of the Cavium 12-core OCTEON™ processor, and processes incoming traffic in real time, classifies all packets, then tags them with rich session-level information.
A client’s application specifies the protocol attributes in which it is interested and requests callbacks from the programmable Event Handler module. Using the Packet Handler module, the application makes decisions based upon packet contents. A wide variety of applications can thus manipulate, shape and re-export traffic based upon sophisticated DPI intelligence.
Qoala DPI technology actually parses the protocol stack rather than employing signature detection. Qoala’s protocol library, an ever-growing and evolving knowledge base of over 300 protocol and application signatures, enables recognition of application data that may be nested several layers deep. This unique ability provides highly accurate identification of individual flows. Qoala Session Inheritance methodology then associates related flows allowing applications to recognize and manage traffic by session.
GE Fanuc’s compact, versatile Telum NPA- 38x4/58x4 modules with powerful, efficient OCTEON multi-core processors ensure that Qoala DPI and the client’s handler programs function at high speed and with low latency. A MicroTCA platform such as GE Fanuc’s MP Series Modular Platforms or an AdvancedTCA carrier blade can accept several Telum packet processor modules working together for greater capacity and versatility.
- Telum NPA-38x4/58x4 IP packet processor AdvancedMC with multi-core OCTEON processor
- Qosmos Qoala DPI software running on multiple processor cores
- Surpasses traditional pattern matching techniques parses protocol stack, complex encapsulations in real time at line speed
- Identification based on protocol behavior
- Session inheritance management makes visible applications, services, users
- Library of over 300 protocol and application signatures, over 3000 protocol attributes
- Flexible: packet classification and session-level tagging supports a wide variety of client applications
- Optionally write data to disk through a storage AdvancedMC such as Telum 200